How to Bulk Update Eva Pricing Management
Instead of editing every SKU one by one, you can prefer bulk upload. Click Download Template to reach out to the Eva template. The downloading procedure may take a while, and you will be notified when it is done. The name of the downloaded .csv file will include the marketplace, date, and exact time.
First, download the file to get the most updated data.
1. Click on the ‘Download Template’ button to start downloading your SKUs that you have filtered on the page.
2. After clicking the button, you will see the notification: ‘Preparing to download the pricing management file. This may take a while.’ and the button will change to ‘Downloading Template‘.
3. When complete, you will see the notification: “Download completed for pricing management file” and the file will automatically download to your computer.
4. After your download is complete, its time to fill in the template!
You will find different sections in the template to make your store’s integration process easier. After you fill in the SKU name and the ASIN section, you can decide your pricing strategy. There are several options to use;
1- You can enter a min. price and a max. price and enable the ‘Pricing Management’ by entering the letter ‘Y’ in the “ENABLE_REPRICING” column. This process continues in the background and will be reflected in the pricer panel.
- If your calculation is not based on ROI or Margin, you do not have to enter a max. price, but you must enter a min. price.
- Once you set your min. and max. prices and enable the pricer, Eva changes your price between that range.
2- If you want to calculate your min. price through a calculation based on the percentages of ROI or Margin, you have to enter a production cost. After you determine the production cost, you can set a min. ROI or min. Margin in the template, Eva calculates your min. price according to your production cost and ROI/Margin value and sets it as min. price. If you set a min. price beforehand, Eva takes that value as the default min. price regardless of whether you set a ROI value or a Margin value.
- It is important to note that; you need to clarify what method you pick by entering ‘R’ for ROI or ‘M’ for Margin to the “ENABLE_ROI_MARGIN(R/M)” column.
- This column automatically comes with ‘R’ (ROI) as default. If you want you to use margin-based calculation, then you should change it to ‘M’ (Margin). In order to enable the pricer, specify the letter ‘Y’ in the “ENABLE_REPRICING” column. Once the pricer is enabled, this process continues in the background and your arrangements are reflected in the pricer panel.
3- You can choose advanced pricing options such as; MAP price or Fixed price. Just enter the values then those prices will be activated. Please keep in mind that, once you set a MAP price, you can’t set a min. price while you can set max. price. However, once you set a fixed price, you can’t set a max. or min. price.
After you complete filling out the template, you can upload it back to update SKUs in bulk by clicking Upload Template.
- The file must be in .CSV format, otherwise you will not be able to upload it.
- If it is in another format, choose Save As from your editor and select .CSV format.
- After selecting your .CSV file, if the required fields are filled correctly, the status will change to ‘Uploading’.
- You will see the notification: “Uploading your pricing management file. This may take a while.”
- When complete, you will see the notification with a status message.
While we are uploading, you can use other features and keep exploring Eva!
Please note that, especially for the booksellers, when an ASIN starts with the number ‘0’, this ‘0’ might be disappeared while extracting the data from Amazon. This is a matter of excel sheet format. If you do not add this ‘0’ back, the upload will not be successful. In order to avoid any of these inconveniences, please customized the ASIN column. To do so, go and click right on the ASIN column on the bulk update sheet, and choose ‘Format Cells’. Then choose ‘Custom’ from categories. And enter 0000000000 to the ‘Type’ field. And click on ‘OK’. Please see Figure 1 below.
You will see a section above the SKU list. This section includes a search bar where you can search for ASIN, SKU name, and product name in the same place. The searching feature is available if you enter 3 or more characters.
Under the bar, there are advance filters: Fulfilled by, Inventory Status, Pricing and Buy Box Status.
- Fulfilled by: There are two different fulfillment types: Merchant or Amazon. All will come as default and gives you a chance to see every item you have. However, you can change anytime you want by hovering, and the dropdown menu will appear.
- Inventory Status: Inventories are categorized based on; All, Available, Back Ordered, Out of Stock, Closed, Blocked. All is the default option and can be changed from the dropdown menu.
- Pricing: Eva Pricing Management can be enabled or disabled according to your preferences. All is the default option; you will see all of your SKUs below whether Pricing Management is active or inactive.
- Buy Box Status: You can filter your SKUs according to the possible buy box situations. This is a great feature that gives you a clear and enhanced understanding of your situation and analyzes through.
The filter section can be minimized, refreshed, or closed from the right upper. You can click the arrow symbol to minimize, the middle one to refresh, and the top right to close the bar.
- Click on the ‘Export as Filtered’ button to download your SKU information according to the filter you have applied on the page. By doing that, you can see their Fulfillment Channel, Max-Min-Current Price, Quantity, and much more in one file.
- After pressing the button, you will see the notification: ‘Preparing to download the pricing management file. This may take a while.’ The button name will change to ‘Exporting as Filtered.’
- When complete, you will see the notification: ‘Download completed for pricing management file .’ The file will automatically download to your computer.
- After your download is complete, you can see the detailed SKU information about your products by opening the downloaded file.
Please note that you can update min. price and max. price manually on the Pricing Management page any time you want.
Finally, here are the common reasons that fail the upload:
- The format of the bulk import file must be . CSV (comma delimited). Please select this option when saving your file within your spreadsheet software.
- File size must be less than or equal to 5MB. You can update your SKUs partially to reduce the file size.
- If you remove columns or change headers, then the file will fail to import.
- As the file is a .CSV (Comma Separated Values) file, commas are used by the system to determine where one column ends and another begins. This means if you include commas in your titles or any other fields, this will cause the file to fail. Please remove all commas before attempting to import your file.
- Min. price and max. price fields must be filled with numbers.
- Max. price must be higher than min. price.
- If you want to keep the default values of Eva for Max Price, leave it as downloaded or set as 0.